40 Awesome cat facts to understand them Better
40 Awesome cat facts that every owner should Know
You may love your cat so much but you may not know all of its behaviour or nature.Knowing more cat facts it will help to establish a good relations between you and your furry friend.
Did you know that cats greet each other by touching noses or that they can rotate their ears 180 degrees?There are lots of fascinating and crazy cat facts that you may not know.
These aren't the only surprising Cats facts you may have missed:
- Cats have been domesticated for about 4,000 years.Before that they were one of the greatest Hunters feared by numerous species.
- A cat needs to interact with humans from about two weeks old so that it can be sociable toward people .Even after that, You still have time until a cat turns about 16 weeks off. After that, it’s almost impossible to domesticated.
- A group of kittens is often called a Kindle. A group of adult cats is called a clowder, a female cat is referred to as a queen and a male cat is known as a Tom .
- Your cats purrs and meows are only a tiny part of their vocal abilities. In fact cats can make up to 100 different sounds .
- By the way Cats only meow at humans. With other animals, they hissed,spit and upper but never meow. They also tend to greet each other by touching noses.
- When it comes to a cat’s development, the first year of its life is equal to the first 15 human years .when a cat turns two ,it turns 25 in human years and after the third year of its life, it gets to a place We all know about one cat year for every seven human years.
- The problem of acneis pretty common among cats. They usually end up developing blackheads on their chins, which is widely known as feline acne.
- Since cats basically evolved as desert animals, They can cope with heat pretty well. Still if they feel especially hot or frightened, they secrete sweat through their paws.
- Most cats tend to spend about two thirds of their day sleeping. So the average nine-year-old cat has been fully awake for only three years of its life. Cats also spend about 1/3 of their waking hours cleaning themselves up.
- A cat sense of smell is truly superb. It’s approximately 14 times greater than the average human
- One of the reasons why cats clean themselves, so often is to lick your scent off.when your cat rubs against you from nose to tail, It wants to mark you as its own. However, your furry friend still picks up your smell which he usually removes from its fur after work.
- Cats are really big fans of sweets simply because they can’t taste them. Scientists believe this happened because of a mutation in their key taste receptor.
- Cats have rather sensitive stomachs So you should be very careful about your Furry Friends menu. Never give your cat onion,Garlic, green tomatoes, chocolate grapes or raisins. Milk is also a bad idea as it upsets your kitten stomach.
- Cats have belly buttons to but they look nothing like ours. It’s pretty hard to find and it’s usually located about two-thirds of the way down a cat’s belly.
- Your cat always understands when you say its name. It just chooses to ignore you. Specialists believe this happens because historically cats haven’t been domesticated to listen to people’s orders unlike dogs. So, yep, your furry friend couldn’t care less.
- While we subconsciously view a black hat as a sign of bad luck in England, Asia, France and many other countries. They’re considered to bring prosperity and happiness.
- A cat’s whiskers aren’t there to make them extra cute! They’re covered in numerous nerve cells and blood vessels. This helps cats detect any changes around them and figure out whether they can fit into a certain space as their whiskers have a span of the width of their body
- No matter what kind of music you love your cat most likely can’t stand the sound of it. However, there’s something your friend will like a special album that composer David tie created with animal scientist called music for cats. Just play your cats something from this album and see what happens.
- Cats have a special reflective layer in their eyes called the two peetam lucidum. This layer easily magnifies incoming light and allows cats to see around six times better than we do in the dark and low light. Maybe it should have been called a cat eye instead of an Eagle Eye
- A cat named Stubbs was mayor of the small town of Talkeetna in Alaska for 15 years.During the election,Stubbs was a cute kitten but residents later confessed that they were perfectly happy with their choice saying that Stubbs was probably the best mayor they ever had.
- A cat’s heart beats way faster than ours with about 110 to 140 beat every single minute.
- A tabby cat named Dusty is known as the biggest mama of them all. During her breeding life,She gave birth to 420 kittens. Obviously, you can find Dusty and one of the additions of Guinness World Records.
- A cat cerebral cortex contains 300 million neurons. Just for comparison, dogs have only around 160 Million.
- Cats can give birth to identical twin kittens. Imagine how cute they would look. unfortunately this happens very rarely.
- It’s a natural instinct for a kitten to cover its poop. If your cat doesn’t do that. This is its way of showing you who’s the true head of the house.
- Six some ginger tabby cats have freckles around their mouth and even on their eyelids.
- While we have 12 muscles in our ears ,cats have 32.of course this triples their hearing abilities and allows them to hear you grabbing their favorite food from the fridge Even if they’re Five Doors away .these same muscles also help them rotate their ears 180 degrees.
- In 1963 a cat named Felicette was sent to space from French specialist even implanted electrodes in her brain to track all her neurological signs. Luckily Felicette had survived the trip and became the first cat to go to space.
- Cats usually have five toes on each of their front paws and four toes on their back still the number of toes can vary. For example, the cat with the most toes had eight of them on every single one of its paws which makes 32 toes and total.
- Back in 2007,a calico cat named Tama became a station master and greeted passengers at Kishi station. Needless to say, the number of passengers increased by 17% that month and everyone adored beautiful Tama. The cat died in 2015 of heart failure when she was 16 years old.
- Cats can easily jump about 6 times their own length. This is all thanks to the powerful muscles in their back legs, which allow them to jump onto any surface they like.
- Cats have a lower social IQ than dogs, but they compensate perfectly by having better long-term memory and the ability to solve difficult cognitive problems.
- Biologically a cat’s brain is kind of similar to ours. We have almost identical brain regions that take care of our emotions. So there’s a chance that you and your furry friend feel the same way sometimes.
- Researchers from the University of Lincoln found that cats love it when you touch their faces, especially around their lips,chin and cheeks. And they absolutely hate it when you pet them at the base of their tail. It makes them feel very uncomfortable. So don’t do that.
- The oldest recorded cat was called CremePuff. This beauty was born in 1967 and lived for 38 years.Creme Puff made it into an edition of Guinness World Records and still remembered amoung cat lovers everywhere.
- Cats actually purr [Thanks to their own special vocal cords.].Its basically small group of thin bones located between the base of a cat,s skull and the root of its tongue.When a cat feels happy,these muscles contract and create the vibration of the vocal folds that we call purring.
- In the cat World, the concept of left or right handedness is a thing too.Most cats are actually left-pawed.
- Psychologists say that people who have cats are logical,practical and introverted.They also say that cats lovers tell way more stories about their Furry friend than Dog owners.
- Experts confirms that living with a cat helps relieve stress,anxiety and depression.All this lowers your blood pressure and protects your body from possible heart problems,including a stroke.
- According to statistics,only 24% of kittens from animal shelters get adopted.Maybe it,s time change that figure and get yourself a furry friend of your own.You definetly won,t regret having such a cute little companion
These all are the cat facts text all that I know. Do you Know any other Fascinating facts about cats?
Tell me In the comment section Below: